Wednesday, October 1, 2014

PRPC BEST OF SHOW: CONNECTED CARS

To me, the most valuable session at the recent Public Radio Programming Conference in Portland was CONNECTED CARS by Fred Jacobs of Jacobs Media, and Larry Rosin of Edison Research.  I drive a 1991 Honda Accord with AM/FM and a cassette deck, so I felt like a cave man when the presentation started.  While I've been cruising in my retro ride, digital has invaded vehicles. The impact on radio listening has started -- connected cars are on the way to becoming the "new normal."

Here is a brief except from the presentation that provides the basics:

Courtesy PRPD/Jacobs Media/Edison Research

The good news for radio is that content still drives listening no matter what the platform. After the "Oh Wow" phase, listeners settle back into channels that are of importance to them.  If you want to learn more about CONNECTED CARS check out the upcoming DASH conference: http://www.dashconference.com/



No comments:

Post a Comment