Thursday, April 30, 2015

NATIONAL PROGRAM CASE STUDY: "CLASSICAL COUNTDOWN"

The other day someone asked me about CLASSICAL COUNTDOWN, the classical music program is created and distributed from Los Angeles in the 1990's.  I love it when folks remember CLASSICAL COUNTDOWN because I am proud it. CLASSICAL COUNTDOWN was my first nationally syndicated hit program.

I thought up the program but Rich Capparela is person who made it happen.  His deep knowledge and love for the music was, and still is, contagious and passionate. Rich hosts morning drive now on KUSC, LA.

There wasn't much money at the start -- just enough to pay for the satellite time. Rich Capparela lifted CLASSICAL COUNTDOWN to remarkable success.  I am forever grateful to him. I am proud to call him a friend.



I found a promo kit for QUARTERDECK CLASSICAL COUNTDOWN.  QuarterDeck, a go-go software company, bought an exclusive national  sponsorship for a six figure amount.  Scroll down to items from the promo kit:

SLIDE ONE: PROGRAM HISTORY


SLIDE TWO: CLOCK


SLIDE THREE: CARRIAGE LIST (3 pages)



SLIDE FOUR: LA TIMES STORY WHEN CLASSICAL COUNTDOWN WAS LAUNCHED
SLIDE FIVE: PRINT AD USED IN CURRENT, RADIO & RECORDS & BROADCASTING



No comments:

Post a Comment