Monday, May 30, 2016

MEMORIAL DAY SPECIAL


Today is a day off for many of us but not so for American forces around the world. In the spirit of Memorial Day here is a video I produced a few years ago honoring my late uncle Kendall.  Even though he died long before I was born I feel a kinship towards him.  I am named for him!

Kendall was a Navy pilot during World War 2.  In 1943 German U-boats were a constant threat, particularly in the Caribbean.  My uncle was patrolling there for U-boats when his plane was shot down in the early August of 1943. The remains of his plane were never found.

A few years ago was contacted by a woman who claimed to be his wartime lover. They became very close from the time he was training until his death. I interview her and created this video as a tribute to both of them.

There are a couple of ties to radio.  From what I’ve been told, Kendall was an avid radio listener.  He talks about it in his letters home. The voice of Kendall in this video is Nick Marcotte, son news consultant Michael Marcotte. I hope you enjoy the video!


 Direct link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQlwodgwLbg

No comments:

Post a Comment