Tuesday, November 25, 2014

RETRO WEDNESDAY: HENDRIX RADIO JINGLE 1967 - BBC RADIO ONE


RETRO FRIDAY comes early this week with this special edition.  I also want to say thanks to my readers.  I am grateful for your comments and occasional corrections. I very much enjoy doing this blog.  There is a new story every weekday. Please let me know if you have tips for stories.

Jimi Hendrix was a phenomenon in the UK before he captivated America.  In 1967 BBC debuted Radio One – a 24/7 rock station playing the hottest new music.  The Jimi Hendrix Experience was a big deal in London’s club scene.  Hendrix appeared live on Radio One several times.

In March 1967 The Jimi Hendrix Experience appeared live on Radio One.  The legend is: Somebody said during the set Hey Jimi, do a jingle for Radio One.  Here is what happened:

No comments:

Post a Comment