Monday, January 9, 2017

KTSU, HOUSTON FIRES VOLUNTEER BECAUSE OF HER HOMOPHOBIC RANTS


Kim Burrell
Kim Burrell, host of the weekly Gospel music program Bridging the Gap was axed by the management of Jazz station KTSU following an uproar created by a YouTube video [link]. 

In the video, Burrell is heard saying “…homosexual spirit is a spirit of delusion and confusion” and implied that all homosexuals are likely to die in 2017. As of last week, the video had been seen by more than a million viewers.

Burrell is a nationally known Gospel singer. She began hosting Bridging the Gap on KTSU in the spring of 2016. She operates Kim Burrell Ministries [link] and is a featured speaker and performer at churches across the South.

KTSU’s licensee, Texas Southern University, decided to drop Burrell a day after her scheduled performance on Ellen was cancelled.

KTSU acknowledged Burrell’s firing with a terse one sentence comment on the station’s website: “The Kim Burrell show is no longer airing as part of KTSU’s Radio programming.
 
In the video, Burrell told a congregation at the Love & Liberty Fellowship Church: “That perverted homosexual spirit, and the spirit of delusion and confusion, it has deceived many men and women. It has come into our church and it has embarrassed the kingdom of God.”
 
Burrell later defend herself on her Facebook page:

“I never said ‘L-G-B-T,’ I said ‘S-I-N.’ I know that people are going to be mad. To every person that is dealing with the homosexual spirit, that has it, I love you because God loves you. But God hates the sin in you. I’m called to do what God called me to do, and that’s it, and I do it with passion. I make no excuses or apologies.”

No comments:

Post a Comment