Tuesday, August 9, 2016

TOP 10 MEDIA USAGE CHARTS & GRAPHS


Sometimes a good graphic illustration is the best way to convey complex information in a digestible package.  Other times, like today, it is fine way to fill a blog post with content.  Today’s post is a bit of both. 

I save charts and graphs that seem interesting at the time I saw them but I seldom get a chance to use them in a story.  Today I cleaned my closet of charts and graphs thst I’ve saved recently. I present them for your education and perhaps a laugh or two.

#10 – THE NEXT CONSUMER GENERATION

This slide comes from Holland Cooke’s presentation at the Talker’s Magazine conference a few weeks ago. It compares the size and age composition of US citizens in the Millennial and Baby Boomer generations.



#9 – WEEKLY REACH BY MEDIA DEVICES DISPLAY BY AGE GROUP

Nielsen Audio periodically publishes Comparable Metrics, a study of device and platform usage for the various stuff they measure.  In this slide and the next one you can see that radio is still hanging in there as a frequent media experience.


#8 – AVERAGE DAYS PER WEEK USAGE OF DEVICES


#7 – PERSONS USING RADIO BY TIME PERIOD

I created this chart several years ago for a client who didn’t understand that a program airing on a station on Saturday nights reaches fewer people than it would airing on a weekday a Noon.  They still didn’t believe me.

#6 – SHARE OF EAR

The most recent overview of media usage during an average day from Edison Research’s ongoing Share of Ear study.


#5 – WHY iTunes RADIO IS SUCH A SMART MOVE FOR APPLE

It is all about the Smartphones.


#4 – GOOD OLD RADIO TRUMPS ONLINE SERVICES FOR MUSIC DISCOVERY



#3 – HOW FREQUENTLY PEOPLE LISTENING TO RADIO CHANGE THE STATION

This slide is from a presentation by Westwood One.  I thought people changed stations more frequently based on my own habits.


#2 – NPR PROGRAM MENU FROM 1975

Promotional slide used by NPR in 1975 to woo new stations.


#1 – SMARTPHONES & MILLENNIALS’ SEX LIVES

I used this slide from Coupofy a few weeks ago but I am still amazed by all aspects of this study.  Who are these people and where are the pictures?  Maybe this should be called TSSTime Spent Screwing.



No comments:

Post a Comment